Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cottage Cheese Hotcakes

Something about Friday nights just means pizza.



And when the oven is already on, you might as well make something special for Saturday morning breakfast!  Like this roasted asparagus frittata.  But only if you like asparagus, or there's someone in your house who does.  I'm not an asparagus fan, but my parents liked it.  And at least I got some veggies in to start my day.


After breakfast, my dad and I rushed out the door to our county Republican convention! He was chosen as a delegate at the caucus about a month ago, and I got to tag along to observe.  It was really interesting, and things can get pretty intense even at the county level.  It was really fun though, and I'm so glad I went.  :)


I've been eating big salads the past few nights and loving it.  When you can put on anything you want, salads are great fun!



But who needs healthy when the Costco food court starts carrying hot turkey/provolone/pesto sandwiches?



My mom and I split one for lunch yesterday, and it was hot and buttery and perfect.

And since this is spring break, I have plenty of time to fool around in the kitchen!  I convinced my mom to buy a giant tub of cottage cheese at Costco yesterday, and this morning I made these cottage cheese hotcakes.  I found the recipe in the same cookbook that had Pacific Northwest Breakfast Eggs, and it came together very fast.  It said to top with sour cream and jam, but I experimented with plain Greek yogurt, jam, bananas, and honey.   And they were really.  good.  The only bad thing is that it doesn't make a big batch, so we didn't end up with many leftovers!



Cottage Cheese Hotcakes


from Wake Up and Smell the Coffee


3 eggs, separated
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick.  Beat in cottage cheese.  Add flour and salt and stir until combined.  In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.  Fold into cottage cheese mixture.  Cook on a hot griddle until both sides are golden brown.  Serve immediately and top as desired.  Enjoy!



Have a great Tuesday!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment