Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pacific Northwest Breakfast Eggs

On school mornings, I've been eating breakfast before my shower, which means I get up on time every day.  It's not an exaggeration that the reason I've been getting out of bed this week is these orange yogurt muffins.

But today was different.  I didn't eat for almost an hour after I got up, but the killer eggs I ate made it more than worth it.  I woke up craving eggs, and decided to pull together a recipe for Pacific Northwest Baked Eggs that I marked in one of my new cookbooks.  It's quick and easy, and oh so good!  And if you eat a muffin on the side? Heaven :)


My parents loved these too, and I imagine we'll be eating a lot more of these eggs on future weekend mornings.

Pacific Northwest Breakfast Eggs

serves 3
slightly adapted from Wake Up and Smell the Coffee

6 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp sour cream
a few Tbsp chopped bell pepper
a few Tbsp chopped green onion
a few Tbsp smoked salmon
three small handfuls shredded cheese (I used a blend, but any kind of hard cheese would be delish)

Butter or spray three ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.  Beat eggs with milk and sour cream, and divide between ramekins.  Sprinkle with pepper, green onions, salmon, and cheese.  Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until eggs are set, probably between 25 and 30 minutes.

Serve immediately and enjoy!


This weekend was nice and laid back.  I made an impulse Trader Joe's run and came home with three fun buys, sweet potato chips, yogurt covered pretzels, and champagne pear vinaigrette.  We've been eating the chips with guacamole every day, and I'm wondering how I've never had these before.  But the pretzels...the pretzels...I can't even describe how much I'm loving all the sweet/salty/crunchy/creaminess in that little bag.  If there's not a Trader Joe's close to you, I promise they are worth every minute in the car and every penny's worth of gas.  :)


 I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!  Have a great start to the week :)

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment