Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sausage and Lentil Stew

It's finally that time again...time for iced coffee drinks! :)


I like Tully's more than Starbucks, and I love love love their Madagascar vanilla iced lattes.  I got mine sugar-free, and it was perfect on the most beautiful day we've had so far.  Lots of sun and warm enough for just one layer. :)

My mom and I had another "mom and girl day" today, which was fabulous.  It's something we used to do often, but life sped up and we hadn't really spent a full day together just having fun in way too long.  But over the break from school we're making up for it- lots of shopping and eating on Monday, and lots more today.

We went to visit my grandma today, and spent about an hour with her.  She may not be exactly the person she was before dementia, but I love her to pieces and I'm so proud to have her as my grandma.  It's hard to see her changing and loosing touch, but she's taken very good care of and always has lots of love sent her way.  


After visiting her we headed over to Whole Foods for lunch, where I had the Rainier sandwich and a dry vanilla bean soda.  Was I the only one who'd never had one before? It was great, and went perfectly with the sandwich.  It was basically caprese on a mini baguette, and I was thrilled with how much fresh mozzarella I got.



There's only one place to shop down there, and that's Bellevue Square.  I went in looking for jeans and came out with sandals.  But they were on sale, and I can't wait to wear them. :)  I'm thinking they'd be perfect for Easter.


Speaking of Easter, who's excited for lots of great food?  We're having two celebrations this year, one on Sunday and one the day before.  I'm working on a menu for Saturday and I'm way excited about some new recipes that sound perfect for an Easter brunch.

But I finally tried a new non-dessert recipe last night! Katie Lee is becoming my go-to girl when I want something totally delicious, and she didn't disappoint last night.  I made her Sausage and Lentil Stew, and it was perfect paired with a big green salad.



What are your Easter plans? 

Have a good rest of the week!

Love, 
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment