Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Love

So.  Finals week is almost over.  I was worried that the Physics final would kick my tush, but I studied like nobody's business and I think it paid off.  I'll still be relieved when they are all over, though, and especially since we have a long weekend ahead of us :)

Tomorrow is the last day for a student teacher in my history class, and I'm really going to miss her.  She really made the class special, and it was just nice knowing that she would be there every day.  I decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies as a thank you/goodbye, and I went with classic Betty Crocker.  I've posted the recipe before, so here it is.  One note: take the cookies out of the oven after the time is up even if they don't look done.  They will cook a lot more on the sheet and really crisp up, so if you want a soft or chewy cookie, slightly underdone is better.


I splurged today and bought this:


I was really hungry when I got home, so the first thing I did was make a cup.  And let me tell you, I have never ever had a richer, thicker cup of chocolate.  It's not really sweet but it is spicy and full of the chile and cinnamon flavors.  It said to use four tablespoons per cup of milk, and it was a little too thick for my taste.  I ended up thinning it with a little more milk.  But it was such a treat, and I have a feeling it might become something of a homework survival tool for me :)

One more piece of chocolate news: I was lucky enough to win Gracie's giveaway of Adora Chocolate Calcium some weeks ago, and I am loving the chocolates! I thought they would be chewy supplement-like bites, but it is definitely real chocolate.  And being able to eat chocolate and feel even better about it is a good deal in my book.


Chocolate in any form makes the day better.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment