Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF and a Pizza Crust

Today was, as days go, not one of the better ones.  I came home from school and pretty much went straight to bed, which never happens.  It was that kind of day.  If we were playing true confessions... I'd admit that I had something of a meltdown about nothing and totally forgot what perspective means. 

But that was then, and this is now.  And I'm getting my perspective back by enjoying the little things: the sun was out all day and it was clear and beautiful.  Finals are over!! And I only got my booty kicked by one history essay, thank goodness.  We have a three-day weekend ahead of us.  And maybe most of all, pizza is on the menu tonight and I've got the crust going right now. 

If your day was like mine, or if it was the best day of your week, say TGIF with some pizza.  Or just because homemade pizza is undeniably nourishing and good for the soul.

Crusty Pizza Dough

makes one large crust

1 1/3 cups water
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp yeast

Combine ingredients in order in bread machine and set to pizza dough cycle.  When finished, roll out on a lightly floured surface and top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.  Bake at a high temp until cheese is melted and bubbly, probably about 10-15 minutes.  You really can't go wrong here.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment