Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunny California- Part 1

Yesterday my brother graduated from Occidental College in Los Angeles.  Yay Greg!



We were down there almost a week, and packed every day full.  Believe it or not, it was my first trip to Disneyland!  We did both Disneyland and California Adventure in the same day, and it was a blast.  My favorite ride was the Tower of Terror at California Adventure, although Indiana Jones and Star Tours were pretty cool too :)  I was pleasantly surprised by the food at the parks- my favorite was the waldorf chicken salad on brioche with house chips.




And I couldn't leave without eating something shaped like Mickey Mouse, so I had a nice big sugar cookie with sprinkles.


We also had an afternoon at the Getty, which is an incredible museum/gallery funded by the estate of J. Paul Getty, who made a ton of money in oil.  There was a Herb Ritts exhibit, which was very cool.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an art person, and spending a day looking at paintings doesn't do a thing for me.  But the Herb Ritts photographs were amazing and very compelling and provocative, and I enjoyed spending some time seeing them.


We had lunch at one of the cafes at the Getty, and I had the Asian-style chicken salad with an unsweetened iced tea and a brownie.


It was all so good.  I drank my weight in iced tea and Diet Peach Snapple over the trip, and even though we're back in Seattle and it's raining (what else?) I'm holding onto the trip and enjoying another glass of iced tea.  And the brownie was exactly what a brownie should be- the first ingredients were bittersweet chocolate, butter, and sugar.  Dense, moist, and absolutely crammed with dark chocolate flavor.

Part 2 of the trip coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment