Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sunny California- Part 2

I love my brother to death and the first purpose of the trip was to celebrate his four years of hard work, but let's be honest- food can be one of the best parts of a trip.  Here are some (more) of the tasty bites of LA:




My first cannoli! I wasn't sure at first what I thought, but man, am I ever glad to be part of the cannoli world.


Cappuccino muffins for breakfast at my aunt and uncle's one morning.


We stayed at their house every night, and they fed us well!


We had dinner at Bucca di Beppo one night, and I couldn't resist the wild raspberry Italian cream soda. I always forget how good these are- and how easy would they be to make at home?


After the graduation on Sunday we went out to lunch with my brother and his girlfriend and her mom.  It was the first time I'd eaten at a Thai restaurant and not done family style, but that was totally fine.  It meant I got to eat every bite of my veggie curry with tofu myself. :)


So it was a great trip.  It's been raining steadily since we got back to Seattle, which is no surprise...and I'm not complaining since it gives me an excuse to try the $17 hot chocolate I had to buy at Sur la Table. :)

Life has pretty much returned to normal.  I eased back into the school routine by going to Silver Cup for lunch yesterday.  Latte and a cappuccino chip muffin.


Then it was the tennis banquet, which was fun.  And there were a few nice surprises there- I won the Best Sportsmanship and Most Inspirational awards!



It was also my parent's 30th anniversary yesterday!!  I made dinner, something easy and totally fast and delicious.  Coming soon. :)

Hope your week is going well!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment