Saturday, March 10, 2012

Snack Time!

It's the weekend! Another short week at school...but I don't think I was the only one who was ready for a break.

I managed to land a pretty good babysitting gig last night.  We ate pizza for dinner, and then I settled down on the couch with this





and this.


The kids hung out- Erin watched the movie with me and Bradley practiced his clarinet, and then they went to bed.  It was going to be a late night, but I got in a little TV and a lot of reading.  I'm reading Karl Rove's Courage and Consequence, and learning a great deal.

But before all that exciting action, I had to replenish our hummus supply, because there was none in our fridge.   Nada.  Zilch.  I decided to make a tahini hummus, instead of a plain bean/olive oil version.  The recipe is from one of my mom's old cookbooks


and I knew I couldn't go wrong.  Honestly I think I like the non-tahini stuff better, but this is still pretty darn good.  You can find the recipe here.

So popcorn and hummus definitely make the movie snacks list.  But there are two more that I've been loving lately: edamame and dried plums.  Not very glamorous, but sooo good.

My last preoccupation (obsession sounds..wrong) is with these Mission Multigrain mini tortilla/wraps.



I picked up a pack at QFC the other day and I've been eating wraps with lunch ever since.



Yum!  Definitely a good impulse buy.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy some tasty snacks :)

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment