Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF- Pizza and Pasta

It's Friday! This was was much better for me than the last one, thank goodness.

First of all, a a bunch of us went out to lunch instead of brown-bagging it today:


The joys of an open campus :)  I was the chicken underclassman who wouldn't leave campus because we weren't supposed to...but I'm definitely enjoying doing it now! Haha.  There are a lot of good lunch places around the high school, and today we walked to A Pizza House.

After school I did a little grocery shopping (we've got a full weekend of food and family coming up) and when I got home I snacked on some veggies with leftover dip.  And some extra feta thrown in for good measure.  :)


I also tried my hand at a more sophisticated version of a mocha, as compared to my usual poor man's mochas.  It was a little strong for my taste, but still pretty darn good.  And so much cheaper than going to Starbucks!  Here is the recipe.



 
My dinner objective for tonight was to use at least one of the ripe avocados we need to eat, and making a creamy pasta sauce seemed like the way to go.  And with a few roasted grape tomatoes? Yum.  I don't even like tomatoes and I was loving these :)

Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Grape Tomatoes is a great dinner idea.  It's relatively fast and low fuss, and a fun alternative to a red or white sauce.  My only advice is to keep an eye on your tomatoes when they're in the oven, because they may not need the 20 minutes the recipe calls for.  

It's just me and my mom tonight, because the boys are at the new "Mission Impossible"- we thought there would be enough action to compensate for any understanding issues.  It's a good night to lay back and watch some "Cupcake Wars".  Who needs Tom Cruise anyway? ;)

Have a wonderful Friday night and a great start to your weekend! What are your plans?

Love, 
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment