Friday, January 20, 2012

Variety is the Spice of Life

It's raining!!

Normally this would not be news, considering that I'm in the heart of the Pacific Northwest.  But after four days of snow, I'm more than ready for a change.  And a trip out of the house.  A grocery store run was attempted this morning after a report from my dad that the roads were easy-peasy...but my dad's Chrysler is a bit more snow-ready than my trusty little 1995 Camry.  I didn't get very far before it was obviously time to head home.

I've been trying to keep life interesting by mixing things up, and meal time has been the most fun.  Breakfast a few days ago was an omelette, and last night we had a picnic on the living room floor for dinner.



My parents were good sports :)

In searching for new food ideas I've come across several recipes that I think will be keepers.  They're coming your way soon, so keep an eye out! :)  Here's one, a smoothie that made an appearance for breakfast this morning.  I paired it with a bowl of hot cereal, and it was a nice change of pace.


Spinach Berry Banana Smoothie


serves 2

half a frozen banana, cut into chunks
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients in a blender and enjoy!




A little more variety...our fridge is always stocked with juice, and I discovered a few that I'm totally loving! :)


Individual Odwalla juices are soooo. goood.  Especially the Mango Tango flavor, which tastes like a little piece of paradise :)


And who knew pomegranate juice was so good? I'm not a big juice drinker but I could totally get into this.

Happy Friday! Have a great start to the weekend.

Love, Rosie

How do you mix things up when you're stuck inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment