Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy National Popcorn Day! and Chai Lattes

This is one girl who's feeling a little stir crazy.  We will have had a week off for snow, and I've left the house three times...to shovel the driveway.  I've drunk more than my share of hot chocolate and chai lattes, but such is the rule for a run of snow days, right?  :)

One blessing that's come out of the snow is that I've had ample time to look at recipes and spend some time in the kitchen.  One of my favorites is this recipe for chai lattes.  They are super duper quick and easy, and beyond delicious.  Perfectly spicy and warm and comforting, and a fantastic substitute when more hot chocolate seems excessive ;)



Chai Lattes


from Jackie (La Casa de Sweets), via Tasty Kitchen

serves two, or one if you're very cold and craving a good cup of chai!




2 black tea bags
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground cardamom
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp sugar

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, without stirring, until it begins to simmer (about 5-10 minutes).

Strain to remove the spices and tea bags and enjoy!

Anyway, today happens to be National Popcorn Day!  I'm celebrating with a bowl right now, and I think I might just settle in to watch a movie.




And don't hate the butter flavoring, it's actually not too bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment