Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rustic Omelettes

We may not have school because of the snow, but I've learned several things today.  

First, all my claims that Nancy Drew is so much better than the Hardy Boys were wrong.  I may be a devoted ND fan through and through, but the Hardy Boys aren't half bad.  I'm partway through The Tower Treasure, and wondering why I held out for so long.

Second, playing "ABBA! You Can Dance" on the Wii is not a bad way to spend a no-school morning.  

Third, breakfast is always better with salsa and sour cream.



My inspiration for this came from rebeccamanor on Tasty Kitchen.  Hers is certainly more sophisticated than mine, but I like to think of my version as...rustic ;)  It's hearty and filling and warm, and I promise it's well worth the extra few minutes it takes.  

Rustic Omelette

serves one

2 eggs
dash milk
about 1/3 cup diced potato
oil (I used canola, feel free to use olive if that's what floats your boat)
seasonings (I used paprika, cayenne, and salt)
cheese
salsa 
sour cream

Heat a little cooking oil in a skillet and add potatoes.  Season and cook until crispy and cooked through, about 12 minutes.  

Whisk eggs and milk (I used just more than a Tbsp) in a bowl.  In a small pan, heat a little more oil and add egg mixture.  When they are about halfway done, add potatoes and cheese to one side.  Fold other half on top and let cook until completely done.

Top with salsa and sour cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment