Tuesday, February 28, 2012

one of those days.



Today was, without a doubt, one of those days.

It started out well enough, but before first period even started I managed to  trip going up the stairs and bump my knee.  Only it wasn't a little bump, it was a huge oh-my-wooord-this-hurts-something-awful bump.  I came home after calculus, and parked my booty on the couch with a mug of peach tea and an Agatha Christie book.

Aside from missing tennis, things were looking up.  I even got a batch of cookies in the oven (I've been craving oatmeal raisin since Saturday), and then I decided to get the mail.  Getting the mail is fun, because there's always a chance that something exciting will come for you...until you lock yourself out.  And run to the neighbors with the spare key, but realize that it's almost one on a Tuesday and they are both at work.  As it would happen, aaallll the neighbors are gone except for the new ones you haven't even met.  Like I said, one of those days.

The new neighbor was helpful and sweet and didn't care that I was in yoga pants and a sweatshirt and bright pink gardening shoes, thank goodness! Lots of phone calls later, another neighbor came home from work and let me in.  The cookies were a little dark, but all's well that ends well.  I needed a cookie after that, let me tell you.  And the three sets of neighbors who helped me will be getting cookies on their doorsteps very soon.  Or maybe banana bread :)

I learned two things today: if you call the fire department to let you into your house, they will knock your door down.  FYI.  And a little prayer goes a long, long way.  Thank God.

Hope you had a great Tuesday!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment