Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Lazy Saturday

One of my absolute favorite things about weekends is that breakfast can be more than a bowl of oatmeal or a piece of toast.  My favorite weekend breakfast is probably French toast, but pancakes come in a close second and I kicked off my day with a batch.  I wanted to use up the eggnog in the fridge, and found this recipe for whole wheat nog pancakes with flax seed and wheat germ.  The flavor was great- not too strong, so even if you don't like eggnog I think you'd like these :) Very hearty and comforting.



We went up to my grandparents' place on Samish Island today, and spent a lazy afternoon eating, reading, and watching TV.  It was kind of a dreary day, wet and overcast



but we stayed cozy inside.  I made a latte and added some chocolate syrup I found :)



We went to Chuckanut Manor for dinner, which is one of our favorite places to eat.  Brunch there is something of an Easter tradition, and dinner there is fairly frequent when we are at Samish.  I had a house salad with sweet-basil vinaigrette and one of the specials, sole in a white wine sauce with cranberry-goat cheese ravioli.  My pictures were too dark, but it was all excellent.



We're home now.  I think I'm going to do a little homework before bed so I can have another lazy afternoon tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes ;)

Oh, and I wanted to share a pearl of wisdom from my grandfather: If you ever get made at society, put two puzzles in one box.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment