Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year

Several weeks ago, I bought Katie Lee's fabulous cookbook with a Christmas gift card and immediately began planning to make every single recipe in the book.  Except, of course, the cocktails.  Maybe in a year or two ;)



The book is divided into menus for holidays and special occasions, and one that caught my eye right away was the Chinese New Year menu.  I waited (not so patiently) for the day to arrive so I could try the recipes in the book...and here we are!

I haven't made any of these before and since I typically make 1-2 things at a time,  my plan is a little ambitious.  But it will be fun, and more exciting than take-out.  So, here's my menu for our Chinese New Year dinner!  Each recipe is online at Katie Lee's website, and I'll include the links here.

Shrimp Potstickers with Ginger-Lemon Dipping Sauce

Stir-Fried Broccoli with Garlic and Chili

Long Life Noodles

Dessert is not necessarily Chinese, but it's something I've been dying to try my hand.  I'll post pictures and reviews soon, but if you want a sneak peak at dessert, here it is :)

Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment