Monday, January 23, 2012

A Chinese New Year Dinner

I mentioned that the menu I chose for our unofficial Chinese New Year celebration was a little ambitious, and the truth is that it was more than a little.  But man, was the payoff great! Time and time again, I'm learning that you simply cannot go wrong with any of Katie Lee's recipes.  

The whole thing took me about two and a half hours, but we have more than enough for another dinner.  And I promise that this (or any) Chinese menu will use just about every pot and pan and dish and measuring spoon in your kitchen, but it is so much more rewarding than ordering take-out! I have a feeling we'll be celebrating many more Chinese New Years with these winning dishes :)

Since these are Katie Lee's recipes and she posts them on her website, I'll direct you there for specifics.  






It was my first time using wonton wrappers and I had a blast! They were so easy and looked so pretty.








Dessert to come! 

Love, 
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment