Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Israel Recap

In a word, Israel was amazing.  I'd heard people say that it is the trip of a lifetime, and that is totally the truth.  I've mostly adjusted to being home (we got back Friday) but it was tough to leave and return to normal life...and school.  Thankfully my teachers were very understanding, and I'm catching up.  

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the Holy Land!  We saw so many different things that's its hard to keep them all straight, but there were some definite highlights.


How gorgeous is that hummus!  Sooo good.





Yogurt, fruit, and pastries at breakfast :)



The sea of Galilee., which was one of my favorite parts.




Eating my "St. Peter's fish" (tilapia) from the sea!




Capernaum


Our tour guide took up for a walk one night and we got ice cream- I had Israel chocolate chips and dulce de leche, which was out of this world.




Visiting the Dome of the Rock.

And I rode a camel!


So, it's good to be home but I'm praying that I can go back soon.  Israel is an incredible country and my walk with God will be so different.

On the food front: I just took a pumpkin pie out of the oven, so I'm ready for tomorrow.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment