Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smoked Salmon Spread

This may be about salmon, but I can't get over the fact that I haven't made one fall-inspired dish yet.  Believe me, I have good intentions- pumpkin cheesecake, baked apple cider doughnuts, Autumn chopped salad, pumpkin muffins- but the execution has been somewhat delayed.  On Saturday, though, I'm having a Halloween party and several weeks ago, after eating this dulce de leche cheesecake



I became obsessed with the idea of pumpkin cheesecake.  So I'm making one for the party on Saturday! I'm hoping it doesn't crack :/

Salmon.  Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner, and we had some smoked salmon to use, so I decided to make this dip.  We served it with crackers, and it makes a great appetizer! Although it's reeeally rich, so a little goes a long way :)





Smoked Salmon Spread

adapted from Ina Garten, via Oprah

2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temp
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp minced fresh dill (I used dry, and just used what I wanted)
2-3 tsp horseradish
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 lb smoked salmon, minced

Blend cream cheese in an electric mixer until smooth.  Add everything but the salmon and mix.  Add salmon and mix well.  Chill one hour and serve with crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment