Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend in San Francisco!

I normally don't do much over Labor Day weekend except wait for school to start, alternately complaining about how fast summer went and how excited I am for the new year.  But this year was different- my cousin Laryn got married! The wedding was on Treasure Island in San Francisco, and it was absolutely beautiful.  We also had some time to spend as we wanted around the city, and the number one thing on my list was visiting the Ferry Building, which is foodie paradise.  Definitely where I did my shopping :)

We did some other fun things as well- a zip line, Ghirardelli Square, gelato, just walking around and enjoying spending the long weekend with family and having a wonderful occasion to celebrate.  I'll be getting back in the kitchen ASAP, but for now here are some pictures of the weekend.


Always carry emergency chocolate with you.  Especially in airports.



Found this in a book I'm reading, Try This by Danyelle Freeman.  I love it :)


The Ferry Building!



Ready for the zip line :)


My dad owed me a cupcake, and I collected at Miette, an amazing bakery and shop.  This is gingerbread with cream cheese frosting, which was voted best cupcake in America by Food Network.  It was to die for!



White chocolate raspberry sorbet on one side, creme brulee on the other.



The salad course after the wedding, with a gorgonzola-prosciutto-peach tart.





Breakfast the next morning, the best French toast I've ever eaten!



My dad also owed me a banana split, which turned into a banana hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli :)



My first trip to In-N-Out Burger!! And below, some of what I bought at the Ferry Building.




All in all it was a wonderful weekend with tons of good food and lots of time with family, and a great way to send out the summer.  School tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment