Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Shopping

I feel like today was my last day of peace before the Advanced Placement test storm hits.  I made the most of it though, and it was a good day.  Last night's Cinco de Mayo party, meant we had enough leftovers to make enough tacos and burritos to last until kingdom come, so lunch was a big taco salad.



After lunch we took a trip to a nearby city that's known for the great antique and second-hand shopping.  My parents both made it home with wallets intact, but I made several fun purchases. :)

There was a scarf in one of the more upscale boutiques that I fell in love with right away.  I browsed in the shop for a while half trying to talk myself out of it, but with no luck.  Somehow that's okay though. I also bought a few locally homemade truffles, and I can't wait to try them! One mint chocolate, one strawberry, one raspberry mocha, and one orange milk chocolate.  I also found some pretty napkins and nice card that I think will make a nice Mother's Day gift.  With a bar of chocolate maybe? :)


Before leaving, we stopped in the bakery and I took advantage of what a beautiful day it was to enjoy an iced latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup.  The barista asked me if whole milk was okay.  Are you kidding? Sign me up! I may want to save the sugar from the syrups (especially after this cake), but I will take whole milk any minute of any day.  


I ordered the smallest size, an 8-oz, but I got a 12-oz instead, which was a nice surprise.  Maybe I should try my luck with the next attractive barista who takes my order, no? ;)

I can't wait to go back for more shopping and food!  Since we went after lunch and had family coming for dinner, the only consumable on the trip was my coffee.  But my Rachel raves about the lunches at the bakery where I got coffee, and they had the most amazing looking pastries.  There's also a cupcake shop, a pie shop, and lots of little pizza/burger/pub dives that look like they have great food.

 

So it was a good day.  I'm going to enjoy every remaining minute before Monday hits, and pray for a smooth week!

Have a great start to your week!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment