Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I hope you all enjoyed plenty of good food that reflected the name of the day.




I wanted to have a real Mardi Gras-inspired dinner, but one thing turned into another and we ended up eating this potato-vegetable chowder with bacon.  I didn't really follow a recipe, but it turned out pretty well!  Sometimes a simple dinner of hearty soup and thick buttered bread is perfect.  Even if it is Fat Tuesday!

I only given a little thought to fasting for Lent this year...the only things that came to mind were hot chocolate and coffee.  And there is no way the next forty days could go down without either of those two.  Which I guess is the point- but Benjamin Franklin did say, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".  My experience with beer is negligible, but I think the same thing is true for hot chocolate and coffee.  I'm thinking of doing something other than fasting, such as just making a point to read my Bible every day.  As long as we grow closer to God, I think He's happy.  Fasting or not.

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

So happy Fat Tuesday!  I hope you lived it up and had a wonderful day.

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment