Monday, October 10, 2011

Fresh Corn Casserole with Red Bell Peppers and Jalapenos

I don't watch a ton of TV, but since August 27 I have been obsessed with Ree Drummond's show on Food Network, "The Pioneer Woman".  I love reading her blog, and so I was completely excited to be able to watch her too!  

This casserole was part of a "Ranch Dinner" she made, and the day after the episode aired my mom and I went to the farmers' market for corn and jalapenos.  It comes together pretty quickly, and the result is more than satisfying.  But be careful with the jalapenos- I only added a few seeds and a little membrane, and there was plenty of kick :)




Fresh Corn Casserole with Red Bell Peppers and Jalapenos

slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman

8 ears corn, still in the husks
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 fresh jalapenos, diced
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
salt
pepper
1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Remove the corn from the husks.  In a large deep bowl, slice the kernels off with a sharp knife.  




Add the red bell peppers, jalapenos, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste, a generous amount of pepper, and butter and mix well.  Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and bake until thoroughly warmed, 30-45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment