Wednesday, July 6, 2011

a good day

Today felt like summer :) The weather was gorgeous, tennis was fantastic, and I had lots of simple, fresh, tasty food.  Breakfast was unexceptional, a leftover waffle and some fruit, and lunch didn't happen until about four this afternoon because of tennis.  I played from 11:30 to almost three, minus driving from the Everett courts to the Snohomish courts, and half a muffin happened on the road.  So when I got home I was pretty hungry.  After a glass of chocolate milk (the best post-workout drink!) I showered and made this:


Fresh spinach and arugula from the garden with walnuts, strawberries, red onion, and leftover vinaigrette .  I ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful sun, although I didn't get much reading done :)

I've been intrigued with the idea of infused water, and today seemed like the day to go for it, so I did:


Water and oranges.  I sliced an orange and threw it all in about two quarts of water- got to keep hydrated :)

Dinner:



Not too hard...



Almost there...



There! Super simple, quick, and delicious pico de gallo :)

Pico de Gallo


Chopped tomato
Chopped onion
Chopped cilantro
Garlic salt (optional)
Lime juice (optional)

This house never runs out of Costco tortilla chips, so I was good to go after adding a little salmon.


YUM.  Love salmon.

Hoping tomorrow is as beautiful and satisfying as today!  Enjoy the sun and some good food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment